OLIMPS ongoing Rail Baltica project works
A 71 km section of Rail Baltica, one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Europe, which will connect all the Baltic capitals (Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius), and Warsaw, stretching from Vangazi to Misa via Salaspils (Latvia), is being designed by a consortium comprising DB Engineering & Consulting, Egis Rail and Olimps ltd.
The structural engineering design of the railway section covers:
- 29 rail bridges and viaducts
- 15 overpasses
- 4 wildlife crossings
- Designing transport infrastructure (roads and track systems)
- Redesigning high-voltage lines
- Redesigning high-pressure gas pipelines
- BIM planning
The total value of the contract is EUR 12.02 million.
The maximum speed for passenger transport is 249 km/h while for freight trains 120 km/h.
The maximum train length is 1 050 metres.
The project includes construction of the following facilities: :
- 7 international passenger stations
- 3 multimodal freight terminals
- rail infrastructure for access to airports and maritime terminals
- New control and security systems.
The project will create almost 40 000 new jobs.